Benefits and Uses of Aadhaar
From uidnumber.org - All about Aadhaar
Aadhaar means foundation , therefore it is the base on which any delivery system can be built. A resident gets benefited through many Aadhaar enabled applications.
Benefits of Aadhaar
- Great potential for not-so-privileged, poor and the marginalised people, mostly living in the rural areas
- Clear proof of identity and also unchangable
- Facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system
- Opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector
- Giving migrants mobility of identity
- Financial inclusion with deeper penetration of banks, insurance and easy distribution of benefits of government schemes.
Uses of Aadhaar
Aadhaar can be used in any system which needs to establish the identity of a resident and/or provide secure access for the resident to services/benefits offered by the system. Aadhaar can be used in the delivery of the following programs:
- Food & Nutrition – Public Distribution System, Food Security, Mid Day Meals, Integrated Child Development Scheme.
- Employment – Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana, Indira Awaaz Yojana, Prime Minister’s Employment Guarantee Program
- Education – Sarva Shikhsha Abhiyaan, Right to Education
- Inclusion & Social Security – Janani Suraksha Yojana, Development of Primitive Tribe Groups, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
- Healthcare – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, Janashri Bima Yojana, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
- Other miscellaneous purposes including Property Transactions, VoterID, PAN Card etc.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus