- Great potential for not-so-privileged, poor and the marginalised people, mostly living in the rural areas
- Clear proof of identity
- Facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system
- Opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector
- Giving migrants mobility of identity
- Financial inclusion with deeper penetration of banks, insurance and easy distribution of benefits of government schemes.
Once a person is on the Aadhaar database the person will be able to establish identity easily. Aadhaar will become the single source of identity verification. Residents would be spared the hassle of repeatedly providing supporting identity documents each time they wish to access services such as obtaining a bank account, passport, driving license and so on. By providing a clear proof of identity, Aadhaar will also facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system and the opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector. Aadhaar will also give migrants mobility of identity.
Related wiki articles: