Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will issue for all residents in India. The number will be store basic demographics and biometric information – photograph, ten fingerprints and iris – of each individual in a central database.
Aadhaar will be Easily verifiable. Unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases. A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography.
* It is a 12 digit number, not only a card
* It is for every individual, including infants. Means each individual of family will have separate Aadhaar UID number
* It enables identification and is for every resident. It doesn’t establishes citizenship and is not only for Indians.
* Getting Aadhaar is voluntary, not mandatory
* It is for every resident, irrespective of existing documentation. Means individuals without identification documents can also get Aadhaar.
* Each individual will be given a single unique Aadhaar ID number. One cannot have multiple Aadhaar numbers.
* Aadhaar UID number can be used by ration card, passport or any ID based application. It will not replace other ID’s.
* UID Authority of India will give ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response for any identification authentication queries. Other information will not be accessible to public and private agencies.
UIDAI HelplineToll-free number – 1800-180-1947
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org